Drove by the Lighthouse Inn (formerly known as Meadow Court) in New London, CT earlier today. The Mission style main house was designed by William Ralph Emerson and built in 1902 as a country home for steel industry magnate Charles S. Guthrie. Guthrie’s widow began selling off the estate in 1925, and the main house was converted into an inn in 1927. The original grounds were landscaped by the noted Olmsted Brothers landscape design firm. The inn was popular with Hollywood stars in the 1940s.
According to many websites, the Lighthouse Inn is one of the most haunted locations in Connecticut.